Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Bug Bite, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Claire Smith.
The “Bug Bite” of the story refers to an aggressive form of breast cancer – which attacks a New York writer without warning – forcing her to change her life.
Lizabeth Sipes tells her story well, introducing us to her wonderful sympathetic doctor and her fellow cancer patients. But it is hard to understand how she fails to finish her show on time – eventually being asked to stop and leave the stage by her own technical crew.
“I survived,” she proclaims. We had guessed as much.
Greenside @ Infirmary Street (Venue 236) until 29 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 22 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android