Edinburgh Festival Fringe music review: Streets, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Fiona Shepherd.
Many bands will testify to the tedium of touring, with their time onstage providing merciful respite from the grind of the road. No such luck in this turgid musical about a struggling singer/songwriter who swaps playing to two men and a dog in her local bar to playing to two men and a dog in other bars around the country, while feeding her addictions in the most banal way – the weedy songs are delivered with a lack of expression and stage presence by the cast, making this weak performance a very long hour.
C (Venue 34) until 31 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 26 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android