If you’re a bit of a foodie, you’ve probably heard about the ‘freakshake’ trend that’s sweeping the UK at the moment.
Like us, you might even have spent hours drooling over magnificent milkshake photos on Instagram.
But have you ever thought about making one for yourself?
In between cooking up hundreds of handmade gourmet marshmallows, The Marshmallow Lady in Edinburgh has nailed her signature toasted marshmallow milkshake.
Here she shares the mouthwatering recipe for you to try at home.
What you’ll need:
- Three generous scoops of vanilla ice cream
- A little milk
- Five large marshmallows (whatever flavour you like)
- Whipped cream
- A blender to mix
- Mason jar or tall glass to serve
- Place the ice cream in a tall container
- Top up with the milk
- Blend together
- Toast three marshmallows with cooking torch or under grill
- Add marshmallows to ice cream and milk mixture and blend
- Pour into mason jar
- Top generously with whipped cream
- Add remaining toasted marshmallows on top
While the signature Marshmallow Lady milkshakes are made with vanilla marshmallows, you can always be more adventurous with your own flavour choices.
Watch our video to see how the experts do it:
Like this? Try these:
All images: Alex Watson