Our new artist of the week, Charlotte Carpenter, shares her favourite songs in this guest playlist.
Scroll to the end of the post for the Spotify playlist.
1. Alabama Shakes – Don’t Wanna Fight
I love everything about this band, everything they do is golden. Brittany is such a role model.
2. Led Zeppelin – When The Levee Breaks
The drums! The drums are everything on this track.
3. Blake Mills – Don’t Tell Your Friends About Me
Blake is a modern day genius. I’ve seen him live twice and his guitar playing makes me crumble.
4. Nikki Lane – Right Time
A new favourite country act, and a badass one too. Her record is produced by Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys who are a favourite too.
5. Bonnie Raitt – Love Me Like A Man
Bonnie is my hero, and her playing in this song is unreal. I saw her recently at Birmingham Symphony Hall – she blew me away.
6. Elvis Presley – Steamroller Blues (The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
There truly hasn’t been anyone like him and this version of steamroller is my favourite. My Mum bought me this record for Christmas and it’s still in my car.
7. Bright Eyes – First Day of My Life
My favourite love song of all time.
8. Kings of Leon – Knocked Up
I miss early KOL and the bass that repeats through the whole song makes me weak.
9. The Allman Brothers Band – Whipping Post
This chorus is incredible. I always scream this chorus in my car.
10. KT Tunstall – Feel It All
KT is a queen and this is my favourite song, ever. So understated, always brings me to tears.
11. Sheryl Crow – Everyday Is A Winding Road
The guitar riff in this song is so catchy, I’m always singing it. I want to be Sheryl.
12. Courtney Barnett – Pedestrian At Best
This record was my favourite of 2015, her story telling is like no other.
13. Carpenters – Superstar
Karen Carpenter is the voice of angels and I love the way this chorus sneaks up on you. You don’t expect it to sound the way it does at all.
Listen to the Spotify playlist:
Charlotte Carpenter’s How Are We Ever to Know EP is available now / www.charlottecarpentermusic.com