‘Star Wars 7′ characters revealed – female lead a possibility
Open casting for Star Wars 7 is reportedly underway in the UK – and the specified roles give an intriguing sense of who the major characters will be.
Two actresses in their late teens are being sought, fuelling rumours that JJ Abrams’ sci-fi sequel will have a female lead.
According to Bleeding Cool, the specifications for the seven lead characters currently being cast are as follows:
- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
- A late twenty-something male, fit, handsome and confident.
- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.
- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
- Forty-something male, fit, military type.
- Thirty-something male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
This suggests a mix of sassy young upstarts and worldly-wise veterans, with the emphasis on wisecracking youth suggesting that Abrams is aiming to win over a whole new generation of fans.
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe recently said he’d love a part in the movie. Could he end up playing one of the twenty-something males?
As well as the prospect of fresh faces, original stars Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill are confirmed to be returning for the film, which is getting a script from Toy Story 3 writer Michael Arndt.