WOW247 vacancy: Community Manager
WOW247 is a fast-growing guide to what’s on in the UK, with listings for thousands of events and comprehensive coverage of film, music, popular culture, food and drink, and going out. We aim to be the insider’s guide to what’s happening in key cities for a socially active, urbanite audience, thanks to our network of well-informed bloggers.
As part of our goal to increase our audience and expand our pool of contributors, we are looking for a creative, driven and ambitious Community Manager, based in Edinburgh (full time).
This is an exciting new role to work in our small but talented team. Applicants should have a proven track record of producing excellent digital content, a network of great contacts, a demonstrable ability to manage a team of bloggers, a passion for arts and entertainment, and an enthusiasm for growing WOW247 as a brand.
• Grow and develop our team of bloggers around the UK
• Inspire existing bloggers to contribute, and actively recruit new contributors
• Plan, commission and produce original content, working closely with the UK Content Manager
• Manage communications with bloggers, and monitor payments when necessary
• Identify local organisations and events that WOW247 could partner with
• Inform content and commercial team of new formats and opportunities
• Take an active role in social media, multimedia and website admin
• At least two years’ experience of working in digital media
• Proven ability to reach out to contributors and commission work
• Excellent writing skills, and experience of editing copy and images
• First-rate organisational skills with experience of working in a fast-paced environment
• Broad range of contacts among PRs and bloggers
• Experience of using web analytics to inform content strategy
• An innate understanding of best practice in SEO and social media
• Curation skills: knowing what, when and how to share content
• Experience of working with content management systems
• Experience of producing content that engages readers and targets new audiences
• Ability to work with editorial, commercial and marketing teams
• Experience of video editing and production
• Ability to commission multimedia work, including video
• A demonstrable passion for uncovering and developing new talent
• A basic knowledge of the arts and entertainment scenes in several UK cities
• An understanding of our audience and what they love
If you think you fit the bill, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Community Manager’ in the subject box. Please also include the following information:
• 100 words explaining why you’re the ideal candidate to join our team
• 3 links to pieces you have written, or videos you have produced (other publications or online blogs)
• 3 ideas for articles on WOW247
Successful candidates will be required to attend at least one face-to-face interview in our Edinburgh office.
The closing date is Monday, September 15.