Edinburgh Festival Fringe dance review: Da-Da-Darling, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Kelly Apter.
If you’ve ever put too many things on your plate, and then realised you can’t eat them all, and that they might not even go together, you’ll know what it’s like watching Da-Da-Darling.
As you would expect from a group of performers who trained at the Rambert Dance School, the skill level of Impermanence Dance Theatre is respectably high. But, inspired by Dadaist pioneer Max Ernst, they all choreographed a bit each, then stitched it together. This led to a myriad of sometimes striking images and movement, but left you gorged and a bit bewildered.
Zoo (Venue 124) until 31 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 11 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest