Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: I’m Not Here Right Now, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Andrea Mullaney
There is a nicely written story in this show and two good performances. The trouble is, it’s not really a play. The male performer reads a story aloud while the (mostly voiceless) female one acts out the gestures of the character he’s describing – a scientist convinced that she’s seen the Abominable Snowman.
Though well delivered, this is a deadly static way of telling the story, making it hard to engage with the show, especially as it takes forever until the scientist actually goes anywhere but her living room. The format just seems like a wasted opportunity.
Roundabout @ Summerhall (Venue 26) until 30 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 11 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest