Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Nudity, Free Beer, Good for Kids, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Ben Walters.
This semi-improvised knockabout offering from young Canadian company Yuffa Fringe gets points for its attention-grabbing title – although, for the avoidance of doubt, there’s no nudity and kids are liable to be bamboozled. So are adults. The plot involves a performance artist, two kids’ entertainers and a rock star/money man duo competing to tell the story of a farmboy for the benefit of a tech magnate.
It’s scattershot, oddly structured and frankly baffling, but also shows glimmers of inventive lo-fi charm and some zippy performances. And you do get a free beer.
Venue 13 (Venue 13) until 29 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 11 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest