Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: FaÇade, reviewed by The Scotsman’s David Pollock.
A young man called Alex has done something nasty, so an assorted collection of his friends and lecturers tell us in flashback, some of them testifying into a video camera which displays their face in big close-up on to a television screen. What happened in the past unfolds with a hint of the supernatural to his disturbed psychology, although in a manner which betrays the show’s willing-to-try drama society origins (in this case at the University of Manchester) with unclear pacing and hesitant performances.
The Space on the Mile (Venue 39) until 23 August
Published in The Scotsman on 12 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest