Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Rebounding Hail, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Andrea Mullaney.
What if all the stories you read came to life, with their characters appearing in your room? Yeah, but what if none of these stories actually came to anything, because they were all unfinished tales by famous authors like Charlotte Brontë, Karl Marx and Raymond Chandler?
That would be quite frustrating – like this show, where an energetic young cast and an interesting concept are outweighed by the confusing extracts and a central twist that’s all too easy to guess.
Underbelly Cowgate (venue 61) until 30 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 12 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest