Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Complex, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Claire Smith.
A Japanese man desperate to find a job in the UK agrees to a job interview on Facetime. Sitting in front of an open laptop, he answers questions which show why finding employment is so important to him.
He asks repeatedly, but the interviewer refuses to reveal what job he is applying for. The audience wonders whether there is an opportunity waiting or if this is all some kind of trap.
Yuuya Ishizone is a watchable performer, but his overwrought jobseeker doesn’t have much depth and the narrative becomes repetitive.
theSpace@ Jury’s Inn (Venue 260) until 22 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 13 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest