Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Future Honey, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Billy Barrett.
This absurdist, sci-fi multimedia show asks some pressing questions about the simultaneous interconnectivity and isolation of the social media age – narcissism and nostalgia are taken to the next level in the form of a wearable, Facebook-style talking bracelet that comes to dominate the lives of Future Honey’s three performers.
For the most part though, any ethical dilemmas are lost in an excessively complicated imagined world as the trio, in peroxide wigs and retro-futuristic, bubblegum-hued dresses, run through a digital matrix. Perhaps appropriately, it all feels a little superficial.
Greenside at Nicolson Square (Venue 209) until 22 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 13 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest