Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Somebody Out There Loves Me, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Fiona Shepherd.
Love in the online age, eh? What a minefield of unsuitable mechanical matches, stultifying chat, awkward misunderstandings and tedious prevarication. At least it is in this resolutely non-scintillating piece, which follows a succession of dull dating encounters and late night heart-to-hearts between friends, each of which drag along devoid of tension (sexual or otherwise) thanks to banal writing, flat acting and a lack of direction.
theSpace on the Mile (Venue 39) until 22 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 13 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest