Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Waitless, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Claire Smith.
There are some interesting insights into how women use diet and exercise to control their emotions in this drama about an American couple who move to London.
But the characters and the narrative are just neither believable nor interesting. A woman who has been a successful broadcast journalist becomes a clueless wimp overnight while her supposedly sexy husband is a banker, not even an fascinating evil one, just a boring one who goes to conferences.
The American actors bravely but foolishly attempt a range of British and Irish accents – including a cockney worthy of Dick van Dyke.
Greenside @ Royal Terrace (Venue 231) until 22 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 13 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest