Edinburgh Festival Fringe comedy review: Gabriel Bisset-Smith Tells the Most Original and Funny Joke in the Universe!, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Claire Smith.
If you are going to give your show this sort of title you had better have something substantial up your sleeve. Unfortunately, Gabriel Bisset-Smith hasn’t.
What he has is a mashed-up, one-man sketch show with fake YouTube videos, a bit of crowd work and some pictures of cats.
There are a couple of good visual gags but a depressing shortage of ideas. Instead of material, he has emojis, gratuitous swearing and horrible sex chat.
The skin crawlingly unpleasant way Bisset-Smith talks about women makes you wonder if he has ever actually spoken to a real girl.
Underbelly Cowgate (Venue 61) until 30 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 14 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest