Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Scattered, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Andrea Mullaney.
Three squabbling siblings attempt to cope with the aftermath of their father’s sudden death and revelations about his life, in this confusing, unsatisfying new play.
Twins Jake and Nicky, and hitherto unknown half-brother Sam, have to scatter their father’s ashes in various locations, which provokes repeated arguments out of seemingly nothing.
Competent performances but sub-soap-opera dialogue make this a dull portrait of young middle-class angst.
C Nova (venue 145) until 31 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 14 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest