Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: The 229 Is Never On Time, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Andrea Mullaney
The elegantly choreographed moves between scenes and the plot which turns in on itself several times suggest that this young company has ambition.
But this tale of a man’s anger, violence and confused mental state never quite decides what it wants to say about these things, simply presenting angst-ridden states as if their portrayal alone is enough to make a drama. It’s not.
TheSpace @ Surgeons Hall (Venue 53) until 20 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 14 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest