Edinburgh Festival Fringe comedy review: Adrienne Truscott’s A One-Trick Pony!, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Kate Copstick
WARNING: This show contains Snow Patrol. Quite a lot of Snow Patrol. Apart from which there is irony, storytelling, wrestling, explosions, some great jokes, Andy Kaufman, collective nouns, a new slogan for sexism and, of course, Adrienne’s now world-famous vagina.
This show is a work in progress but you get the feeling it is progressing towards something great. Adrienne is a wonderful storyteller and a gloriously entertaining presence whether she is throwing pancakes at you, telling you about the trolling she got after the last show, or reliving her days as a performance artist (by day)/stripper (by night).
It is wonderful – and rare – to see someone get (and give) so much joy out of doing stand up.
I am not convinced that the Gilded Balloon Wine Bar is the best place for it, but the show is fun, different, friendly and this human party-popper of a lady is a joy to be with. PS if you think the show’s title is funny, wait till she runs through the alternatives.
Gilded Balloon, until 17 August, 8:15pm
Published in The Scotsman on 15 August 2015
Picture: Allison Michael Orenstein
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest