Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: A History Of Feminism (As Told By A Sexist Pig), reviewed by The Scotsman’s Andrea Mullaney
The title should really be “as told by a dreadful public speaker”. Sketchwriter Lloyd Evans fidgets, gets muddled, continually adjusts his Powerpoint slides and generally seems nervous as he delivers this talk, from notes.
The content mixes naive, out-of-date politics (the most recent reference is Margaret Thatcher; A Bic For Her this ain’t) and a few funny one-liners. He should join Toastmasters and read up on feminism in 2015 before trying again.
TheSpace @ Surgeons Hall (venue 53), until 22 August, 7:20pm / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 15 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest