Edinburgh Festival Fringe comedy review: Best Boy: Bested, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Jay Richardson
Charlie Mizon and Dan Smith have plenty of the outward trappings of a successful sketch act, including a nicely balanced on-stage relationship, with Mizon tending to dominate his partner. This proves effective with a magic trick that finds him persecuting Smith to a ridiculous degree.
Elsewhere though, Best Boy seem a muted echo of others, their personalised crowd heckles nailed with greater style by Eddie Pepitone, their clunky first drafts of classic literature accomplished with none of Private Eye’s informed wit.
Cowgatehead (Venue 32) until 31 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 19 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest