Edinburgh Festival Fringe comedy review: Miss Behave’s Gameshow, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Claire Smith.
If former La Clique showgirl Miss Behave ever had a perfume named after her it would be called “Anarchy”.
I have never ever seen a Fringe audience behave like this.
After two minutes of the Gameshow people are standing on chairs and dancing. By the end of the show they’ll be invading the stage, licking things from the floor and flashing their behinds.
Our gold, sparkly ring mistress is in control – no matter what happens in the room.
Miss Behave’s quiz – originally conceived as a little messing about show in a five dollar carnival tent – has grown into a full-on orchestrated riot.
She’s added guest stars – the Australian comic Iman Hadchitti does a turn and a duo of female ballet dancers, completely naked apart from swim hats and goggles and introduced as The Two Ronnies.
Her beautiful assistant Harriet, aka Harry Clayton Wright, has also moved it up a notch, chucking himself around the stage to cheesy disco music and knocking out some dangerously sexy moves.
As Miss Behave sparkles and Harriet preens and flirts, the audience is worked into a frenzy of competition over which section of it will sweep to victory.
This is a show where you are encouraged to bring your phone – texting, tweeting and taking photographs are all part of the action. Some of the questions are funny, some are logical and some just challenge the audience to be outrageous.
“Life’s shit. Nothing’s fair. Let’s enjoy ourselves,” yells our glittery carnival Queen. And we do.
Assembly Checkpoint (Venue 322) until 29 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 19 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android