Edinburgh Festival Fringe comedy review: Paul Foot, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Claire Smith.
There are some unexpected walk outs in this show, in which the comic is struggling with a terrible bout of Underbelly throat. But I suspect the walk outs are not occasioned by Foot’s painful sounding croak – but are Paul Foot fans who realise they have heard most of this show before.
I’m pretty sure that a large portion of it is the same as last year – I definitely heard the sausage story before and the tale of the cheese museum and the broken-winged angel sounded very familiar. Taking revenge on a boarding house landlady is new, but I was a bit bored by the time that started.
Underbelly Cowgate (Venue 61) until 30 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 19 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest