Edinburgh Festival Fringe comedy review: Japanese Samurai Don Quixote Challenging Against English Giant Windmills!, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Kate Copstick
This is a strange but heartfelt show that comes hurled at you in shouts, sweat and enthusiasm. It is not exactly hilarious but is instead its own kind of wonderful. Hiroshi Shimizu is an extraordinary performer. And he has an extraordinary tale to tell.
Plus some fascinating stuff about Japan and why he left to become a stand-up comic. Just go with him. By the end of the show you will be glad you did.
Laughing Horse @ Espionage, until 30 August, 1:30pm
Published in The Scotsman on 24 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest