Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Madman Marathon Man, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Paul Whitelaw.
I REVIEWED this witless comedy show in a tiny space accompanied by just one other unamused audience member. It was an excruciating experience. But even if the room had been full, it still would’ve died a death.
An inept, amateurish fiasco, it stars a painfully uncharismatic double act. One is slender and frenzied, the other portly and barely there; Little and Large in reverse. It’s a spoof guide to becoming the ultimate athlete. In lieu of jokes it contains dressing up and dancing.
They get one star for the sheer pathos of watching them plough on through this disaster.
theSpace @ Surgeons Hall (Venue 53)
Published in The Scotsman on 22 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android