Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: The Rules: Sex, Lies and Serial Killers, reviewed by The Scotsman’s David Pollock.
Three serial killers named Jay, Mel and Steven like to catch up on their days off to compare kills – or “strikes” – in a hotel, although when Steven brings his new girlfriend Teresa along and declares his intention to go straight, everything goes to hell.
Like these well-dressed assassins, the performances are smooth and professional, although disbelief is hard to suspend. Only sporadically funny, it would fit well into a lighter entertainment slot on BBC Radio 4.
theSpace on the Mile (Venue 39) until 29 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 22 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android