Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Tripped, reviewed by The Scotsman’s David Pollock.
ThIs show’s blurb promises “everything we have come to expect from Australian culture: sharp, dry humour, and racism”. What a sales pitch.
Attic Erratic present a nice high concept – two enemies step on landmines next to each other and are frozen to the spot – and dress it up with occasional insight, humour and a couple of nicely-worked shocks. Yet the “grunts and Middle Eastern guys with weapons are all just the same really” theme and sub-Tarantino chatter don’t inspire.
C South (Venue 58) until 31 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 22 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android