Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: The Dream Sequentialists, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Alison Kerr.
A team of goblins, under the leadership of Foreman Snorewell, spends its time producing high-quality dreams for an elite clientele in this manic, muddled and rather confusing piece of theatre. And when one rebellious goblin creates the first nightmare, chaos ensues – and the team has to put an end to it.
It may be lively to the point of hyperactivity but this production is a bit of a yawn, short on laughs and rather difficult to follow. Lucy Mangan as the disgruntled goblin who mutters gobbledygook throughout, is terrific, though.
Zoo (Venue 124) until 30 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 27 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android