Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Wilting in Reverse, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Fiona Shepherd.
It’s the future, and Stuart Bowden, best known to Fringe-going kids and their accompanying adults as Dr Brown’s singing tiger sidekick, is dead. A man who says he is not Stuart Bowden but actually is takes on the role of Stuart Bowden in order to relate a whimsical Stuart Bowden story set in a space colony. It’s not actually that complicated – neither the surprisingly uneventful story nor the underwhelming show built around it. Bowden is likeable enough on ukulele and rubbish interpretative dance but most of the action, such as it is, is supplied by a revolving cast of audience members gamely following his stage directions.
Underbelly Cowgate (Venue 61) until 30 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 27 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android