Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: The Lost Art of Lost Art, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Susan Mansfield.
Molly and Lee have managed to get Munch’s The Scream on to the wall of their safe-house, though it’s hard to see why, as they are not the most competent of art thieves. In the course of this play, they argue tediously with each other, and with Norman, their security guard accomplice, about what to do next.
There’s a promising idea in there somewhere, but as it stands, this is a comedy which fails to be funny and a heist drama that goes nowhere.
Underbelly (Venue 61) until 30 August / listings
Published in The Scotsman on 28 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Don’t miss a thing: sign up to our daily email newsletter
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest
• Download the WOW247 app for iOS and Android