Edinburgh Festival Fringe comedy review: Chris Martin: This Show Has a Soundtrack, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Kate Copstick
He is a smart comic, Chris Martin, so I was disappointed that he did not do more with the premise of his show. “This Show Has a Soundtrack” explores the power of the musical soundtrack to alter the tone of almost anything at the top of the show, but then this really interesting idea gets largely ditched while he tells us about moving in with his girlfriend and other fairly forgettable stuff.
This is a well-mannered hour of gentle lifestyle comedy, but the original idea was great.
laughing horse @ Free Sisters (VENUE 272), run ended
Published in The Scotsman on 29 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest