Edinburgh Festival Fringe dance review: Dreaming in Code, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Kelly Apter
The trouble with double bills is the show will always be pulled down by the lesser work, which is a great shame for Tamsin Fitzgerald, founder of 2Faced Dance Company and a very fine choreographer.
Her new work, Lucid Grounds, is rich, atmospheric, athletic, exciting and grabs you by the scruff of the neck screaming “watch me!” which we’re happy to do.
Sadly, by this time, we’ve already sat through 40 pointless minutes of Eddie Kay’s milk night, a piece so linked to personal thoughts and feelings it never offers the audience a way in.
Zoo Southside (venue 82), run ended
Published in The Scotsman on 29 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest