Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: #Realiti, reviewed by The Scotsman’s David Pollock
Nailing the myth that reality television parodies have been almost eradicated from the Fringe, Italian company Big Tree brings a dystopian take on the genre which features people with issues like gambling addiction and an inability to stay away from an abusive partner forcibly locked in a house under the gaze of cameras and made to compete.
In places it strikes a chord, but the performances are patchy, the supertitles hard to see and the finale crudely melodramatic.
TheSpace @ Surgeons Hall (Venue 53), run ended
Published in The Scotsman on 29 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest