Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Some Big Some Bang, reviewed by The Scotsman’s Sally Stott
There is a beautiful orange tree on stage, but beneath it a man is bemoaning that his new baby is exceptionally ugly. Since this baby is a rolled up in a piece of cloth, it’s difficult to judge, but any themes about superficial good looks are unfortunately swept away by a story that descends into self-indulgent chaos.
Following the breakdown of two couples’ relationships through over-analytical dialogue, it could, if only it was more self-aware, be a brilliant parody of a pretentious Fringe show.
Underbelly, Cowgate (Venue 61), run ended
Published in The Scotsman on 29 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest