Edinburgh Festival Fringe theatre review: Violence of the Lambs, reviewed by The Scotsman’s David Pollock
Philadelphia’s Chris Davis is an amusing character comedy performer who’s created a compelling character in Marcus Livengood, with his urgent drawl, degree in comparative zoology and belief that the animals are about to rise up against us, founded on popular news, internet research, spurious graphs and devotion to the late Steve Irwin.
It’s a fun diversion, but there’s a slightness and a lack of resolution to the script, and the roadside yurt space isn’t the best – not Davis’s fault, of course.
Laughing Horse @ The Free Sisters (Venue 272), run ended
Published in The Scotsman on 29 August 2015
Edinburgh Festivals 2015: complete coverage
• Get everything on our Festivals homepage – on desktop, mobile or tablet
• Looking for reviews? Check out the latest Scotsman reviews – or browse all the reviews ranked by star rating
• Watch all the latest videos from the #WOWwagon
• Get distracted by our Festival Blog
• Check out today’s half-price ticket deals
• Follow our social accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – and join the conversation with #WOWfest