Nino Lopes is the General Manager of The Maven, one of the most popular cocktail bars in Leeds.
Nino has decades of experience in mixology, and regularly invents his own creations, as well as being able to shake up countless classics at the drop of a hat.
Here Nino shares the recipe for one of his newest gin-based cocktails – Perfect 10.
“For the Perfect 10 cocktail, we decided we wanted to use pink grapefruit and elderflower as a base for the cocktail.
“We made an elderflower and pink grapefruit marmalade because it combines both ingredients with lemon, creating that sweet and sour flavour. The marmalade also speeds up service when making the cocktail.
“Tanqueray 10 was the gin we picked because of its pink grapefruit characteristic and its quality, making it the perfect combination. We love this drink, and hope you do too.”
- 50ml Tanqueray 10 gin
- 1 bar spoon of elderflower and pink grapefruit marmalade
- 10ml fresh lemon juice
- 10ml fresh pink grapefruit
- 1 fresh egg white
- Add all ingredients in a shaker with no ice and dry shake hard for 10 seconds
- Then add the ice and shake for another 10 seconds
- Double strain them into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a pink grapefruit zest
Catch Nino in action at the Leeds Cocktail Experience on October 14 – thecocktailexperience.co.uk
Like this? Try these:
Main image: Pink Gorilla PR